Dato’ Sri Norazman Ayob
Dato’ Sri Norazman Ayob was appointed to the Board of HDC on 3rd June 2020.
He was born on 8th March 1977, currently serves as the Deputy Secretary-General (Industry) of the Ministry of International Trade & Industry. He holds a law Degree (LLB) from the University of Hertfordshire, United Kingdom and a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Adelaide, Australia.
His unique personal value proposition is ‘maximising value to the organisation’s stakeholders by inspiring employees towards the shared vision of the organisation, providing strategic direction and facilitating effective problem-solving dynamics.’
He joined the Civil Service of Malaysia in the year 2000, accumulating broad experiences having served in 7 different organizations including a Government-linked company as follows:
- Ministry of International Trade and Industry
- Office of the Chief Secretary to the Government, Prime Minister’s Department
- Public-Private Partnership Unit (UKAS), Prime Minister’s Department
- Ministry of Entrepreneur and Cooperative Development
- Ministry of Internal Security
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Proton Holdings Berhad
His roles and responsibilities in these organisations included formulation of policies, planning and implementation of projects, creation of business development opportunities, evaluation of business proposals, negotiations of Private Financing Initiative agreements, participation in bilateral and regional government-to-government meetings, negotiations of Free Trade Agreements and “Trouble-Shooting”.
CORPORATE BOARD DIRECTORSHIP
Norazman is a Board member and held membership in Board Committees of a few corporate organisations which are Government-linked, serving in a non-executive, non-independent role:
- Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology (MIGHT);
- Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC)
- Malaysia Palm Oil Board (MPOB)
- TRX City Sdn Bhd;
- Penang Port Sdn Bhd;
- PEMANDU Corp;
- PRIMA Bhd